New Custom Homes
Call Us Now! 407-347-3366
Call Us Now! 407-347-3366
The secret to making the process of building your new custom home in Central Florida is simple:
Better planning means a better result.
ACS is a design build company — we will create your design and then build it.
We build and remodel homes throughout the Greater Orlando Metro area including: Orlando, Windermere, Winter Garden, Winter Park, Heathrow, Lake Mary, Longwood, Ocoee, Winter Springs and many other communities.
Building a new home can be a very exciting and enjoyable experience. It is one of the few times in your life that you will get to watch something that you buy being created.
Throughout the process, communication between you and your builder is paramount. At ACS, we understand the importance of strong communication and pride ourselves on our ability to maintain the interaction necessary to bring your dreams to life.
Our step-b-step process makes the experience systematic and virtually stress-free.
1. We will schedule a meeting to discuss your needs. Bring all of the information you have assembled including: drawings, sketches, brochures, pictures and magazine articles. We will review all aspects of your new home and establish your budget and refer you to a financing entity if you do not already have one.
2. After the meeting, a preliminary budget and a design contract will then be produced. You will review a preliminary budget with allowance amounts that we put together, based on our discussions with you. You will then place a small deposit and sign a design contract with us. The design contract enables us to work with our designer to produce several home designs for you to review and then improve to your liking. Upon our entering a final construction contract, the design deposit is deducted from the cost of your home.
For custom homes, we include allowance amounts in your contract for:
Allowances in the contract allow you to have the maximum freedom of choice while having a direct involvement in knowing and affecting your home’s final cost. Allowances are line item budget costs included in your home’s overall price which you use to select various components of your home. If you spend more than your allowance budget on a given component of your home, you have the choice to:
3. The design phase begins: During this phase, your home design is refined and completed. Progress drawings are submitted to you and we work together to fine tune your home plans.
Other activities during this phase include meetings scheduled for you to:
4. Final Pricing and Contract Execution: At this phase your drawings are complete, your colors, cabinets, appliances and flooring are selected, your final pricing is completed and your financing is in place. We are now ready to execute your contract and proceed to permitting your new home.
* We can refer you to lenders we have worked with in the past, who specialize in construction loans, if needed.
5. Building Department & Governmental Agency Permitting: Now the permitting package for your new home is submitted to the building department and any other governmental agency required for construction permitting. Every city and county is different and has varying permitting response times. Government agency response time for your home’s permit should vary from three to six weeks.
6. Construction: This is the most exciting stage! Here, the actual building of your home takes place and tangible progress appears. Construction has begun. During the construction phase, you are kept informed of the progress through digital progress photos and as-needed on-line correspondence. Your active involvement will be needed for the following:
7. Closing/Move-In: Your home is complete, all last-minute items are finished, the local building department has completed the final inspection and has issued the certificate of occupancy, your homeowners insurance policy is in place, the lender has made his/her final inspection and disbursement. Closing papers are signed, the deed is issued and you are now ready to move in.
We recognize that building a new home can make you mighty anxious. Every new-custom home project will have some ups and downs.
We aren’t a giant, faceless company with thousands of employees or a one-man operation.
You can expect to work directly with Wes, Wayne and Russ and that is the main reason why our clients are happy. They always know who to call to get an answer and action.
Call us today to get your dream started.